7 Warning Signs of Cervical Cancer
Until 40 years ago, cervical cancer was one of the biggest threats of cancer death in women. Today, thanks to advances in medicine and technology, the deaths of this disease have decreased significantly , although it is still a major threat. Research, medicine and advances in technology have been able to identify key symptoms that can detect this disease in time to provide timely treatment. For this reason it is very important that all women learn about the warning signs of this disease and consult a doctor quickly if they consider that they are at risk of suffering from it.
What are the risk factors for cervical cancer?
Knowing the risk factors for cervical cancer is also very important for its prevention or detection in time. With this information, women will be able to identify if they are at risk of suffering from this disease.
- Papillomavirus infection (HPV): Papillomavirus is one of the biggest causes of cervical cancer. It is transmitted through sexual relations and in general it can be detected through vaginal cytology or by detecting warts in this genital area.
- Diet: Unhealthy diet can cause a woman to be overweight, which increases the risk of developing cervical cancer.
- Genetics: Women with a genetic history related to cervical cancer are 3 times more likely to develop this disease.
- HIV: this virus weakens the immune system and makes the body more likely to be infected with the papillomavirus.
- Tobacco consumption.
- Sex at an early age.
- A high number of children.
- Menopause after 52 years.
- Diabetes .
- High blood pressure.
- Exposure to high levels of estrogen.
What are the warning signs of cervical cancer?
One of the disadvantages of cancer is that it is a silent disease during the early stages. This is one reason why there are still many deaths due to this disease.However, getting alarmed in time through symptoms that may seem common is key to detecting and treating this problem in time.
Pain in the Legs
One of the symptoms that can happen in the early stages of cervical cancer is pain in the legs as well as swelling. This happens because the cervix swells and prevents the blood flow normally working, causing this painful sensation.
The vaginal discharge
Vaginal flow is normal when it is secreted very often, without color or odor. If vaginal discharge is increased, is secreted more frequently, feels bad and has an irregular appearance, it is best to consult a doctor as this can be a clear symptom of cervical cancer .
This is one of the most common symptoms of cervical cancer. Some women have irregular menstruation and should consult a doctor to find out the possible cause of these irregularities. If your menstrual period has been normal and bleeding begins to appear between periods of menstruation or after sexual intercourse, it is important to be alert and consult a doctor.
An embarrassing urination
Tracking her urination can help detect cervical cancer in a variety of ways. The most obvious symptom is feeling embarrassed when urinating, such as itching, feeling tight and symptoms that make you uncomfortable. This symptom, in most cases, is indicative of a urinary tract infection but when the urinary symptoms are habitual and lasting, it is very important to make an appointment with the doctor immediately.